Monday, June 28, 2010

Our New Blog

Welcome to Footprints, our family blog. It has been on my mind recently to start blogging. A friend had suggested this venture to me once or twice before, but I was hesitant. After all, sharing one’s thoughts, feelings, lessons learned, and perhaps most of all, writing style and grammar skills, makes a person pretty vulnerable. I love to share what God is teaching me as I attempt to live day by day with Him as my guide. I love to write when inspired, even though it is usually following a lesson learned through some adversity in life. And having a record of our family’s fun times and spiritual growth is a priceless treasure we can have through blogging. I think these reasons all outweigh the price of making myself vulnerable, of taking a hit to my pride from time to time. Besides, my pride can always use a little pushing around.

Why Footprints? Many ideas came to mind when deciding what to title this blog. Perhaps I felt most insecure about the title. After all, it defines what the blog is all about. I decided on Footprints because I feel this single word represents so much for our family. Footprints describes our life: where we’ve been, what we’re doing, where we are going, and who is walking with us. We are following in the footprints of godly men and women who have raised us, taught us, befriended us, and continue to walk along beside us. At the same time, we are leaving our own footprints behind for the next generation – our children, grandchildren, and others whose lives we may touch, as the Lord allows. Most significant are the footprints of our Lord and Savior who has walked before us, continues to walk with us, and will never leave us. It is also a reminder that every step we take, every place we set our foot, is because the Lord has allowed it. We have nothing apart from Him, and each step we take on this earth is a gift from Him that is drawing us closer and closer to an eternity with Him. Our footprints are indicators of His goodness and His grace.

“Every place that the sole of your foot treads upon, I [the Lord] have given you…” Joshua 1:3

1 comment:

hashbrowns said...

I found you! How great to get to talk to you today! Your blog looks great, dear friend!