Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Together in this Journey

I am in the middle of this wonderful stage of life as a full-time mom. My sons are about half-way through childhood, and I am cherishing every moment knowing how quickly it is passing. Why would I start blogging now? There is no new happening in our lives, such as a graduation, a marriage, a new baby, or a new home. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened that calls for creating a new blog. However, as I put more thought into this idea, I realize that there has recently been a very special “beginning” of sorts for our family. A few months ago, our youngest son Zachary made the most important decision of his life by accepting Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. My husband and I made this decision as children, and our older two boys surrendered their lives to Christ several years ago. Now every member of our family is also a member of God’s family. In addition to the parent/child/sibling relationships our family has had, we are now also brothers and sisters in Christ. What a delight! Our family is on a journey together, a journey to know God better, to love and serve Him. Some days we are taking giant steps forward, some days we are stumbling backwards, and other days we seem to be off the path altogether. But God’s loving-kindness always forgives us and by His grace, we are gently placed back on the right path in the right direction. We are ecstatic that now all three of our children have joined us on this amazing journey with our Heavenly Father. What a joy it is to walk it together!

“…and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.” Acts 16:34b

2 comments:

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

I can't wait to read all the things you're going to write....I love seeing your heart....and your footprints :-)

Faye Creech said...

Great post Alison - I look forward to sharing your journey through your blog!