Thursday, March 3, 2011

To Mike, On His 40th Birthday: Forty Things I Love About My Husband!

It’s Mike’s 40th Birthday! My husband is THE BEST, so on this momentous day, I will share FORTY reasons – in no particular order - why I am crazy about my man!

1. He is a godly Christian man who seeks the Lord and desires to obey Him.
2. He is very cool! Having a gun and badge on his side certainly helps. Nonetheless, coolness seems to just come naturally to him.
3. He is fun. He always knows how to make our time together lively and enjoyable.
4. He’s strong – physically, emotionally, and mentally.
5. He can fix anything.
6. He is an amazing father and sets an outstanding example for our sons.
7. We have inside jokes that only the two of us understand.
8. He is gives great hugs and is terrific to cuddle with!
9. He loves his sons.
10. He loves his parents… and mine, too.
11. We can talk about anything – from petty and mundane happenings to deeper, significant issues.
12. We have a lot in common and enjoy doing many activities together.
13. He is funny and makes me laugh.
14. He is confident, rarely second-guessing decisions he has made.
15. He helps me understand difficult passages in the Bible.
16. He knows how to get me out of a foul mood.
17. Even though he grew up more of a Clemson Tigers fan, he has faithfully pulled for the South Carolina Gamecocks since we got married.
18. He likes taking our family to Disney World and is perhaps the biggest Disney enthusiast in our home!
19. He is a hard worker, always giving his best.
20. He teaches our sons interesting and unusual facts that I never knew or even thought to ask about.
21. He is incredibly smart.
22. He cares about how I feel.
23. He cares about what I do and is supportive of my interests.
24. He gives great advice.
25. He plays with the boys – games, sports, puzzles, you name it!
26. He teaches the boys useful jobs which usually involve tools of some sort.
27. He teaches the boys how to treat me with respect.
28. He has his priorities in order. He balances his life well and does not let himself get too busy for family time.
29. He is my biggest fan and always on my side, supporting and encouraging me.
30. He likes sports, but is not obsessed with them.
31. I always feel protected when I am with him.
32. He is responsible and a good provider for our family.
33. He is calm and reasonable.
34. He spoils me with special dates, gifts, and other treats.
35. He’s faithful, trustworthy, and dependable.
36. He leads our family well.
37. He bakes an Oreo cookie cake for my birthday every year.
38. He makes me feel beautiful.
39. He is my best friend.
40. He loves me – with all of his heart, his mind, and his actions.


I do not deserve to be married to such an amazing man, but I am incredibly thankful that God, out of his great love and mercy, brought us together anyway.


Happy Birthday, Mike!
I love you!!!



“…This is my lover, this is my friend…”
Song of Solomon 5:16

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is the most amazing man you have there Alison!! All of the 40 things about Mike are so true!!!! You truly have yourself a wonderful Godly man in your life!

Mike said...

Wow! Thank you! That's the best birthday wish/card/note I could get! I love you so much and look forward to celebrating many more with you and the boys. I love you!!

Sylvia Goode Basham said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! Your man is one blessed man indeed to have a wife like you!

Sharon said...

ditto Sylvia! Happy Birthday to Mike!