Assignment: Describe an object
Date Written: 9/16/10
An Amethyst Stone
I purchased my small amethyst stone at Disney World. It is light weight, no more than two or three ounces. When I gaze at its side, I can admire its four layers. It has a gleaming, purple surface covered with spikes. The second layer is a beautiful silver color. It looks much like many diamonds packed together. The third layer is gray and looks like a smooth rock. The bottom of the stone has a bumpy surface, and with its greenish-brownish tint, is very unattractive. When I stare at the lovely amethyst, I am reminded of Christians and sin. The bottom, ugly and bumpy, is like a sinful person. However, when a person becomes a Christian, Jesus comes into his life and makes him clean and shiny, like the top of the amethyst stone.
Assignment: Describe a season
Written: 11/16/10
Wonderful Winter
One of the most enjoyable seasons of the year is winter. Snow-covered and white, the yard I walk out to see looks beautiful. A snowball bursts behind me, and I smile at the funny effect of a person falling down onto the soft, powdery snow. I shiver as the wind whistles like a bird making icicles clink against trees and the twenty-seven degree weather feel even colder. My stuffy nose convinces me it is time to head inside. The warm house feels cozy and the hot chocolate warms me up even more. Winter makes an excellent season for joy.
Assignment: Describe a place (He chose Endor, a fictional location from Star Wars)
Written: December 2, 2010
Extravagant Endor
Walking through the dense forest of Endor, I gaze around at its wonder. Giant, 80 foot tall trees tower above my head, as high as the sky. The stiff leaves crunch beneath my feet as I avoid the many plants scattered about the ground. Tiny yet brave, ewoks, the bear-like inhabitants of Endor, surround me and welcome me, trying to talk to me in their language. As I continue to stroll, I reach a large clearing. There, I see the remains of the power generator for the shield that had surrounded Death Star II in the center. I stop to take a well-needed rest at the high treehouses of the ewoks where I enjoy their hospitality. I will always love the amazing splendor of Endor and its kind natives.
Keep up the good writing, Brandon! Mom and Dad are proud of you!
2 comments:
Good job, Brandon! We are, indeed, proud of you.
I especially enjoyed the description of winter. It's my least favorit season by far, but his description even made ME feel good about it.
Post a Comment